About Me

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
Michael Carroll has been an active member of the 46th Ward community since he made historic Buena Park his home in 2004. Just seven blocks south of Uptown and three blocks north of East Lakeview, Michael lives in the center of the 46th Ward.

"A step in the right direction"

An anonymous contributor sent this off to the Second City Cop Blog and I wanted to share it with you:

"Michael Carroll’s campaign is personal to me. I am married to a Police Officer who works in the inner-city. Can you imagine how it felt when I received a phone call from the emergency room that my husband had been attacked by 2 ferocious pit bulls? He recently came home from work with a bruise on his leg. It was the FULL imprint of a shoe. Can you imagine how hard he had to be kicked to have a full footprint bruise? He has been spit on, punched, slapped, kicked and shot at. The shortage of police officers compromises the safety of every cop on the beat. If THEIR safety is compromised, OUR safety, as citizens, is compromised exponentially. It’s time for a change in the political climate of our city. Having Michael Carroll as the 46th Ward Alderman is a major step in the right direction. Please encourage your families and friends in the 46th Ward to vote for him."

When I finished reading this post, everything made sense, yet again. I was running for the right reason. I was doing it for the people in my neighborhood, in my Ward, and throughout the City of Chicago. I want to serve my community, making the Ward a better place to work and live for all residents and taxpayers. The safety and security of the cops on our streets is something I take personally and will be one of my top priorities. When our police can do their difficult job protecting and serving the citizens of Chicago, every resident and taxpayer will be better off. As the writer noted, "if THEIR safety is compromised, OUR safety, as citizens, is compromised exponentially." Cops cannot serve and protect you if their well being is not a priority.

Seven police officers have been shot in the last year and three have been murdered on the very streets they are tasked to protect. Enough is enough. The City of Chicago needs to hire more Police Officers immediately. Our lives depend on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment